Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Leap "Spring Festival" Fun!

Well....work has officially started and I am in training. I have met some really fun and amazing people at my work and it looks like this will be a great place to work. I am in training with 3 guys....Santino from New Orleans who moved here to be with his Chinese girlfriend....Noah from New Jersey who decided to take the plunge and see what China had to offer....and Nick from New Zealand who is here to prove that New Zealand is WAY better than Australia!! :-)
Marc (with his head down), Santino, and Nick

Nick and Noah
We are spending LOTS of hours at work watching videos of classes, learning how to use the whiteboard, watching actual classes, and finally....helping teach some classes...YAY! The kids are ADORABLE!!! I am commuting from Jinsong every day but we will be looking for an apartment soon.


My boss...Helen...is hilarious and has talked Jake and I into participating in the Spring Festival held by the schools. We have been practicing at the theater where it will be held and if I do say so myself....we have just about mastered the Cha Cha Slide! Yay us!

Helen dressing up as one of the two First Leap frog costumes we have at work

James (the other frog), cory (in black coat) John (high fiving Helen the frog) and Zoe sitting down
Practice has been fun but I am already picturing the horror I will experience when a video of the dance turns up at my 75th birthday party! LOL!

All of the foreign teachers have been so friendly and we met the nicest couple,  Harriet and James, while training at Jinyuan. James is the other frog in the festival and from the looks of it...Harriet kissed her frog and turned him into her prince!
Harriet and her 'frog' prince...James
 
Harriet wanted in on the action....LOL!
The day has finally arrived for our 1st presentation of the Foreign Teachers Cha Cha slide and Hannah came to put makeup on us....what will we be??/

Hannah fixing john up like a Chinese Warrior

Harriet, Amy, Marc, and the back of James head


Kim asked for a flower and had to come back for a touchup because everyone thought it looked like a swastika

A very unique design on Harriets face

They said Jacob looked like Star Child from Kiss...lol!

I kept it simple!
It was a lot of fun performing for the families of our students and both shows went off without a hitch! Jacob managed to get a major round of applause when he showed "How low can you go?" and went all the way to the floor on his back and back up without using his hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment